Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH)
Providing outreach, engagement, and referral services for individuals experiencing homelessness in Oxford County
Bridging the Gap Between Mental Health and Homelessness
We support homeless individuals struggling with mental health or substance use, and currently unconnected to resources. We provide short-term intensive outreach, engagement, and case management services and connect clients to resources for food, housing, social security, medical care, substance use treatment, and longer-term mental health services.
Eligible individuals enrolled in PATH receive:
- Six months of case management services focused on how to help you succeed.
- Support, advocacy, and linkage to resources in the community.
- May include food, shelter, assistance with Social Security benefits, educational or vocational resources, physical and mental health supports and/or substance use treatment.
To learn more about PATH services or other programs offered by Rumford Group Homes, please call the PATH Case Manager, Courtnie, at 207-418-1004
To be eligible, someone must be literally homeless. This means individuals who are:
- Sleeping in place not meant for human habitation, such as cars, parks, sidewalks, abandoned buildings, or the street;
- Sleeping in an emergency shelter;
- Staying in a hospital or other institution, if the person was sleeping in an emergency shelter or other place not meant for human habitation immediately prior to entry into the hospital or institution;
- Graduating from a transitional housing program for homeless persons;
- Victims of domestic violence
- Participants must be experiencing mental health or substance use issues
You Can Help
You can make a difference in your community, too.
We’re looking for people who want to help their neighbors and be part of something bigger than themselves. Our residents have successfully faced many challenges, but they still need support.
They need you to give them hope and show them that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
Together, we can change lives and create brighter futures.